So I think on Saturday I'll head over to Savenor's and get another of those expensive air-chilled chicken... since I haven't been cooking that much, and skimping on ingredient quality has had some disappointing results lately, I don't feel so bad about splurging on the chicken (unless I screw it up, of course).
The ingredient list is so:
- 1 Chicken (5 lbs or less) - I will go much less as (3-4 lbs) since bigger chickens have less flavor
- 1/2 cup salt for the brine - No sugar? Hmmm...
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon thyme - Don't need to buy that thanks to the herb garden
- 6 scallions - Only the green parts, so maybe I'll use the white in a salad?
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1.5 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons unbleached flour
- 1 lemon
So certainly not a daunting list. I'll have to figure out what to make as a side dish though... unfortunately I won't get to a Farmer's Market before Sunday. Pretty much everything is in season, but I'm not really sure what would be good here. I'll have to brainstorm.